LCS Design Services
The LCS Design Department works with owner’s representatives,
project engineers, and architects in determining the appropriate
scope of work required for the unique needs of each user group
in a laboratory or technical facility. The LCS Lab Design Workshop
focuses specifically on the functional requirements and business
processes of each client with the end result being a customized
AutoCAD drawing in schematic form for the proposed facility.
LCS’ experience with the construction of laboratories
and other complex facilities allows for continual value engineering
throughout the design process and the development of an accurate
project cost estimate after basic schematic programming has
LCS helps the Owner look at the big picture:
A few considerations before beginning your laboratory design
- Where should the lab be located?
- What will my facility cost?
- Will a temporary facility be required for critical processes
- What hazardous chemicals will be used and stored on the
- Will blast proof construction be required in special hazard
areas or explosion proof electrical fixtures and connections
- What environmental conditions and/or cleanroom standards
will be required?
- Will any hazardous waste streams require treatment or
processing prior to entering the municipal waste system?
- What chemical or solvent fumes will be exhausted from the
facility and are scrubbers or other special treatment required?
- What business growth is anticipated and should MEP systems
be designed now for the future?
- What industry specific Federal, State or Local Codes need
to be incorporated in the design?
Casework: steel, wood, modular, conventional,
Tops: plastic laminate, epoxy resin, stainless,
Exhaust Duct: FRP, stainless, polypropylene,
galvanized (coated), PVC
Exhaust Hoods: walk-in, slotted, snorkel,
Once the workshop process is completed, all documents, including
assumptions and summary of probable construction costs are
prepared and examined with the owner.